Windows 11 not updating - is AMD Adrenalin causing this?

Associate
Hi,

Please can you help me:

I recently re-installed windows 11 Home and it updated to 23H2, this was without installing any other third party software before (AMD Adrenalin). Unfortunately i had to do another re-install a few weeks later, but this time i installed the third party software before updating windows, which would include AMD Adrenalin. But now when i do windows updates it will not list 23H2 or update to it, so i am on 22H2.

How can i update to 23H2 please?

I read somewhere that windows will not update if you have UI customisation software installed and will only update if you uninstall it - a security issue i think? It also stated that if you had AMD Adrenalin installed it would prevent windows from updating. Unfortunately i cant remember the link or where i read this to confirm it.

Thank you

Couldn't have been the latest version. If you get the latest Windows 11 iso direct from Microsoft it is Version 23H2

Suggest you download it again.

Never heard of gpu software stopping windows updating itself. That's rubbish imo.

The iso was installed from an official windows 11 USB stick, but i am not sure which version it is. I bought it Christmas 2023 and have only used this for installations and then updated afterwards.

As for software stopping windows updates, i am sure it was to do with software you had installed that would change the UI to make it look like previous versions of windows and in that list was AMD adrenalin. But come to think about it, it might have been referring to 24H2, when it arrives

Last edited:
I had a quick look and found a link describing if you have certain software installed, then windows will not update. Not sure if this is the link i originally read, but its all the same - Radeon GPU software and StartAllBack for UI customisations are in the list. I don't have StartAllBack, but do have a Radeon GPU with adrenalin installed

I didn't really want to uninstall adrenalin just to get a windows update and was looking for an option in the settings to push the update.

https://www.laptopmag.com/software/...-certain-apps-installed-heres-how-to-avoid-it

I don't think any of the software blocks the windows update (Adrenalin included), but rather windows blocks itself updating because of certain software being installed
I have Adrenalin installed and I have got all the updates from Windows update, including 23H2.

Back
Top Bottom