Windows 7 with IP35 Pro XE

Soldato
hi all

Got W7 beta going on my machine last night, very impressed so far apart from one thing....

anyone else installed windows 7 on a machine running the IP35 Pro XE board?, the cd drivers dont want to play ball with the W7 build7000.

Is there a newer set of drivers that will work?

Cheers

Ben

Soldato
OP
yeah slight issue i have is that i cant get on the net as the LAN drivers wont load lolol.......

will dabble getting the vista ones down on my lunch break today....cheers

Soldato
OP
its a partition so havent formatted anything luckily

just wanted to ask more than anything if a certain set of drivers worked better than others. As the w7 partition is a test bed more than anything, thought the stock drivers might have worked from disk.....

downloading the drivers from Abits snail connection atm.lol

Cheers for the help everyone

Soldato
I've got the same board and installed build 7057 with no problems, I didn't even load any drivers, just letting Windows sort it out.

I then updated to 7068 from a virtual drive within Windows, and that went fine too. I got a recommended update to a newer NIC driver, but that's about it.

I don't know if it's relevant or not, but when I first built this machine on XP, I couldn't get the driver CD to work at all (I'd forgotten rule #1 :o), so had to download them on another PC (forgot about rule #2 as well :rolleyes:)

Soldato
OP
ok i am on build 7000, so that could be the issue i guess

got all the latest drivers last night and i am still getting "driver failure" when trying to install the sound and LAN drivers.

going to see if i can work around the LAN issue and connect to the net and see if it updates itself and finds the card, only thing it finds atm is SPDIF sound card on the back of the machine.....not a lot of use.

Soldato
OP
can you still get hold of it? i thought the BETA's had all disappeared now?

any way of just updating the version via the auto updates? seems like a bit of a headache to totally format the partition again

Back
Top Bottom