Windows 7 + Xbox 360 Sharing

Associate
Hi People

When I first installed W7 RTM.. the sharing between the PC and 360 was fantastic.. no hitches.. but lately.. when I put new films into the shared folder (e.g. Movies) the folder doesn't update on the Xbox 360.. it only shows the old files I have in there from ages ago..

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Soldato
Are you sharing via Media Player or another way?

I simply make sure that my WMP (Windows Media Player) has all the folders I want added to it's libraries then make sure I have enabled sharing to my XBOX 360 from my PC within WMP.

To make sure the libraries are set within WMP go to Organize > Manage Libraries > Video

Add the folder locations here, assuming this is done go to:

Start > Control Panel > Set the display to large or small icons > go to Network and Sharing Centre > Advanced settings on the left > make sure Media Sharing is enabled and the sharing to your XBOX 360 is allowed.

In these circumstances my media sharign works without a problem, from my XBOX 360 I then simply sign in to my profile, go to Video Library, connect to my PC, and I am now able to see and play files from my Video Shares. It can happen that if you add a new file you need to browse back into the folder on the 360 though it won't update in real time.

Back
Top Bottom