Windows 8 who's buying/upgrading

Associate
So i just reinstalled windows 8. put saints row back in the folder. reinstalled graphics card drivers and ran saints row again. It seemed to do another update I dont remember it doing before. Played fine so saved just after the heist and will see if I can get back on tonight to check. Depends if the other half lets me play videogames on valentines ;)

Soldato
I tried that, didn't work for me with Dark Souls. This is the main reason I immediately went back to win7, just so I could continue to play the game. It amazes me there should be ANY problems with Windows 8 and their own games client.

According to this guide and link it should work http://upwardgaming.com/windows-8-fix-dark-souls-crashing-on-startup-and-non-windows-8-fixes/

Note its has issues on other operating systems as well,
Note that these fixes work on all versions of Windows -- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.

Soldato
I did, if you'd read my posts instead of just inanely posting:

It boots faster than windows 7.

That is all. The only thing that I have noticed over 7 that is positive in a week or so.

Unfortunately, we have all read your continual comments showing your utter dislike for the OS, and if the only improved feature you can comment on is the boot speed, you're obviously missing a trick somewhere.

Many posters on here have brought up equally as many improvements, but you seem firmly fixated on the Modern UI and can't get past it.

As the old saying goes, if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Soldato
So im back to getting crashes as I play Saints Row The Third. I do think that unfortunatly it looks like windows 7 for me. I cant afford to have this pc sit unused while microsoft figure out how to make windows 8 work.

Uhm, it's MS fault that problem is it? I'm sure that the game will get patched shortly as it is still relevant.

Not every game works properly on 7, even new ones, welcome to the PC.

Associate
I'm amazed the amount of big developers who cant support their own software in 8.

For example Intuit who develop the largest accounts suite in the world told me that they are not Microsoft partners and any version barring 2013 won't work, and 2013 won't work fully either!

Truly amazing that these companies don't talk to each other.

Soldato
Just tried that right now. Still quits out

Ironically even Win7 users are having issues with that game ie crashing not working etc...I know you got yours working on 7 but not everybody has,try some of these http://steamcommunity.com/app/55230/discussions/0/864947044772052630/#p4 ,remember Google is your friend ;) .

Just to confirm its not Win8 only,

Saints Row The Third does not work with DirectX 10/11 Please Help!
when i start Saint Row: The Third with DirectX 10/11 the game freezes while its loading!
with DirectX 9 it works fine but the graphics sucks ^^ and after 10 min it crashes
i also did this dxdiag thing and it says DirectX 11 is installed...
my PC information:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
16,0 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX675m

I've been having a problem with Saint's row the third since I bought it. After selecting the DX level I'd see the intro videos and the title screen, but after either starting the game or attempting to alter any of the graphics options it'd crash back to desktop.

This happened on Windows 7 and after I upgraded to Windows 8

I contacted THQ support and they got me to send a copy of my dxdiag and msinfo. They then advised me to keep running the 'validate files' thing until there , which always stopped at 50% stating that there was a new file to download, rinse and repeat.

I even deleted and re-downloaded the local content to no avail.

Plenty of issues on both 7 and 8 with this game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom