Windows Azure

Associate
I have a Windows Azure subscription as part of an MSDN package through work.

Think our plan is £100 of credit per month for the Azure services. Does anyone here use it or know of interesting things that they can be used for? My only thought at the moment is to set up a git repo on one.

Associate
host websites on it, run VMs on it, build applications on it, build back-end services for mobile apps on it. Run an entire business on it.

you do understand the scale and breadth of the Azure product offering, right?

Soldato
I've got the same through my MSDN, only $50 per month though and I run a build server on mine.
I've got the free version of TeamCity installed and use that to run a nuget feed of my builds.

I use BitBucket for my actual repository, but it wouldn't be too difficult to put that on Azure should you so desire.

Associate
Same here, using MSDN allowance to run a pair of CentOS VMs running HAProxy with the Azure NLB stuff in front :)

Associate
OP
host websites on it, run VMs on it, build applications on it, build back-end services for mobile apps on it. Run an entire business on it.

you do understand the scale and breadth of the Azure product offering, right?

Have a bit clearer understanding of what it offers now :). Didn't really know before today.

Cheers all going to have a play over the next week or so.

Associate
I had a go with My subscription

It failed to create ftp credentials which was a bit of a non starter and support was worse than useless.

The exact same operation worked a week later but then I had already moved the site to another host

Back
Top Bottom