Windows is not Genuine.

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I am running a legal, licensed and legitimately aquired copy of Windows 7 Release Candidate 1 on my Laptop. It was downloaded from the Microsoft website and installed using a Microsoft supplied beta key at the same time as everyone else on here got it - early June I think? It is Build 7100.

It has been working fine since then.

I just switched the machine on to be greeted with a full screen message from Microsoft saying my copy of Windows is not Genuine, and that I should get a genuine copy, and that I'm a very bad person.

This is confusing.

Why has this happened?

The hard drive in this machine is failing and I've spent most of the evening running scandisk recovering/marking/etc bad sectors on the drive. The message has appeared since then. Could this be related?

Thanks guys!

Soldato
Personally I'd just download a version with all the DRM **** removed & run that, this is exactly the reason I cba with doing everything by the book anymore. Too much shafting of legitimate users it's far easier to just grab a release with all the crap removed & run that.

Associate
Windows only allowed so many people to use it as they only released a certain number of keys, maybe people downloaded it directly without requesting a key direct and that somehow others (a lot of other) are using the same key

Back
Top Bottom