Windows Vista hardware requirements

Jimi said:
Well the memory requirements are a lot different now, before they were saying you'd need atleast 2GB, now it's only 512MB.

It probably won't even take 512mb, that's just recommended for when you're running a few things :)

I'm guessing a fresh install with the special stuff turned off will be 200mb or something.

Last edited:
There might be install restrictions in place. For instance you cant install XP with less than 32 Mb. I dont think 512 will stop it installing but I would not be suprised to see less than 256 doing it.

Smells like MS No Swearing, Big Kev to me just in case peaple dont run around mad for their new OS.

Only reason I would upgrade is because of the new graphics engine and DX 10.

And there is no information on what will happen or how radical the new system will be. Going by past reputations I am guessing there will be a speed penalty for not having the best hardware. Thats my opinion anyway as I am not interested in Vista does this that and the next thing.

Jack Bauer said:
There might be install restrictions in place. For instance you cant install XP with less than 32 Mb.

Incorrect!

You cannot install XP with less than 64Mb of RAM!

Also the Kernel in Vista has been completely recoded from the ground up making it far superior/secure than XP imho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom