Windows10, is there anyway to stop the message saying admin permission needed every time i move something?

Associate
Every time i try to move folders to another hdd or anything I get a message saying you need to provide admin permission to copy to this folder, ive tried everything i can think of, but it still happens even sometimes on my desktop

please if anyones got any info on what to do that would be amazing :)

UAC settings set strict? Folders from an old Windows install? Shouldn't be prompting you constantly unless there's strict UAC settings or there's a file/folder ownership issue(take ownership - i'll let you google that), presumably because you've migrated the data from another(/an old) install/system.

UAC settings set strict? Folders from an old Windows install? Shouldn't be prompting you constantly unless there's strict UAC settings or there's a file/folder ownership issue(take ownership - i'll let you google that), presumably because you've migrated the data from another(/an old) install/system.
ok i will look that up thank you

thanks, ive tried a few things mentioned but i cant get my head round it and i noticed when i changed settings on a shortcut on my desktop it also asked for permission :( i should have stayed with win7 lol

I dont think its the UAC,, its this message he's on about I think and it is annoying, but I put up with it........

4ypWTiV.png

That's pretty normal for protected system directories like the Program Files folder, it would be too easy for people to erroneously move or delete such folders otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom