winrar's gone mad..

Associate
ello,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but yeah..

Basically, i've recently done a fresh install on my comp as it started to go a bit crazy and doing random things like not rebooting after a general shut down at night, as in the next morning i'd turn it back on a get a windows system config corruption message.. please reinstall windows etc etc.

Got around this by using ghost backups as didnt have time to fully reinstall things from scratch due to havin uni work to get finished (which i did, design disertation started and finished in 2 weeks :D (not recommended folks, way too much caffine required :eek: ))

Anyway.. spare time is upon me again so have done the hole reinstall thing and all seems to be rosey, apart from the fact that now when ever i download a chunky sized rar'ed file, a number of rars will be shown as damaged. The number of damaged or corrupted rars will change the next time i try to extract and if i put the original big rar over our network to a friends comp, it will extract fine on that comp.

System is clocked so reset it to standard which made no difference.. confused.

Been tryin to sort for a few days so thought i ask you chaps if anyones come across this before.

Cheers me dears

cheers for that..

but have run some tests and everything seems fine. Games play fine, encoding video is fine, and stress testing works for hours.

Hmmm.. its a strange one

Any more suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom