Winter 2017/2018 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ha! I paint things, big spray booth, so a no no. I'm not fussed, for me it's just a day, the feckless people I work with take days and weeks off on the sick, whenever they feel like it.

Soldato
Supposed to be at Vet for 10.0 clock - I called in chicken and cancelled it.
It's a nice crisp 27.5f here - don't know what C temp is as my other outside temp has broken.

4 years ago I got myself a snow shovel from Lidl - give it it's due it still worked and cleared a lot of snow then as soon as I finished it started again - Good job it was small fine flakes as we would have been up to the letter box this morning.

413692522.jpg

413692523.jpg

Soldato
Last time it snowed my boss phoned me up saying don't bother coming into work so got a couple of day off on full pay. Ah those were the days.

How big is your deep fat fryer out of interest? It needs be huge if you ever want to deep fry that chip on your shoulder...

:p

Don't northerners have them already? They need it for all the mars bars they have to deep fry!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a bit angry right now so obviously TO THE INTERNET!

We live on a small country lane with just a few houses. Spent 2 hours digging my girlfriend's car out this morning so she could go to work.

Right now there is some tool parked in it who doesn't live here and she has just got home with absolutely nowhere safe to park.

I'm going to have to go out and spend another hour, in the dark, clearing a space.

Yes it's the public road and it's fair game for anyone to park there. It's not mine. But surely this is bad snow/neighbour etiquette?

Is it just me?

I know you'll all think I'm stupid but I'm trying to decide whether to leave a sarcastic note or actually go out and put the snow back.

Caporegime
Regards working from home when the weather's bad. Anyone that braves the journey in poor weather but doesn't absolutely need to be in the office, is risking their own safety and therefore reckless and untrustworthy.

Soldato
I'm a bit angry right now so obviously TO THE INTERNET!

We live on a small country lane with just a few houses. Spent 2 hours digging my girlfriend's car out this morning so she could go to work.

Right now there is some tool parked in it who doesn't live here and she has just got home with absolutely nowhere safe to park.

I'm going to have to go out and spend another hour, in the dark, clearing a space.

Yes it's the public road and it's fair game for anyone to park there. It's not mine. But surely this is bad snow/neighbour etiquette?

Is it just me?

I know you'll all think I'm stupid but I'm trying to decide whether to leave a sarcastic note or actually go out and put the snow back.
Well the snow you clear will have to go somewhere.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom