Winter Gear / All Weather Gear

Associate
Got that feeling this winter's going to be another cold one, so figure it's time to replace my ageing textile jacket / bottoms, I haven't used my bottoms for at least 2 years, last winter I just suffered through, as the bottoms got rather baggy, and uncomfortable after a bit of use.

I need something with removable liner for commuting year round, and waterproof. I know I could go and look at / try some gear on, have done that in the past, and will do that, I'm just looking for recommendations of what you like / is long lasting / good quality so I have a few things to go and try on for comfort.

As for budget, I don't really have one, but I'd like to not spend more than about £500 for the pair unless there is something that's really worth splashing out on. So, what do you recommend?

Associate
OP
I have heated grips, on max they don't burn through my winter gloves, and the gloves hold the warmth.
I wear long johns, and in the really cold weather a chest base layer.

As for gore-tex, good shout I had forgotten about gore-tex as it's all thrown into the textile category. I have noticed though that a lot of them are gore-tex inner lined or whatever, cheeky blighters.

Looking at A stars gore-tex stuff, it seems reasonable, plenty of armour / option for armour, and full gore-tex none of this removable gore-tex liner nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom