Winter Olympics 2022

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Aside from the fact this should never be in China the UK has a good chance of medals in snowboarding and a 50/1 Chance of a giant slalom gold with Dave Riding.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
The time zone doesn't help and the BBC coverage is woefull at best.

Waiting for the ski jumping and giant slalom myself and the border/ski cross. Just watching the moguls hurts my knees

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Simple, strip the cheater of her medal. 15 or not the rules are clear.

The UK has/had good chances in some of the mental ski/border cross events but I think a few of those ships have sailed as well now.

Most UK ice rinks are ancient and need replacing + we do things stupidly and never make them Olympic sized when we build them.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Ahh thanks, explains the situation a little more. (I hate figure skating as its a waste of a good ice-rink which should be used for speed skating or ICE-Hockey)

Personally the right course of action for me is to remove the individual from the team and hence the points, if the rest of the team are hopefully clean, then their efforts should still stand, they have put the work in for the past 4 years to get to the Olympics and if their team effort is good enough for Bronze then bloody well done them.

The next Olympics the country should be banned from that very same competition though. Russia will never learn, they really must have some cracking chemists.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Shocking state of affairs....

Same as the BBC who seem to think curling is the only sport worthy of 100% coverage.... everywhere i look its chuffin curling. Its like Bowls great game to play.... boring as hell to watch.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Agreed Russia need min 2 Olympic rounds bans both Winter and Summer. Simply not good enough, they are making sport a mockery with their doping.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Yeah bloody cheats. If I was a competitor I would be on the first plane home in protest. All those years of training and sacrifice to have something as "my Grandads" drink thrown in your face

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
The IOC are a shambles, would love to know what claws Russia have in that organisation.

In my eyes their is zero excuse, yes she is 15 and quite possibly a victim in all of this but this is sport cheating runs deeper than the individual in this situation allowing her to compete again is a serious kick in the teeth to everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom