Winter Transfer Window 23/24

I'd be very worried about his game ability at this point... He's been sitting on a bench now for two seasons. That's never been good for any player and I'm not entirely sure I ever remember a bench warmer getting back to their best.

Saying that, I do have a lot of admiration for Eddie Howe's man management and we've seen that in spades with the Newcastle squad and some excellent re/awakenings.
That’s the risk and at 7million doubt it will happen.

If he has at least 75% of his Leeds ability he vastly improves Newcastle. Long range passing. Ability to drop back into a back 3 when ever a fullback plows forward.

Sit at the base of our attack. At the min we expect Bruno to progress the ball out of defence and be the main creative in attack. It has worked up to the point but now we can’t do it because of fitness levels. Same as last season when Longstaff was missing. He had the energy to make recovery runs when we lost the ball. Hence all the missing you memes.

Kev on twitter did a fantastic write up showing no other team as suffered as many counterattacking shots than Newcastle as more teams play lowblock and just hit us on the counter.

We lack the ability to make recovery runs due to fitness. Hence all the goals you see from teams breaking straight up the middle which is the worst type of counter attack as they lead to better goal scoring opportunities. You want the counters to be down the wing.

We can’t control games when we take the lead. We have fantastic energetic 8’s but don’t have that out and out 6. Bruno and Sandro can play there but that’s not their main play style.

Just having an out and out DM that will sit at the base of the midfield 3 will even out team. Bruno goes forward Longstaff or Joelinton have to drop back and cover the gap and makes out attacks very one sided.

We don’t even need a starter. Just have that option on the bench. Throw on a DM when legs gets tired or when the game is tight.

It doesn’t have to be Philps but he’s pretty decent and available this window.

I accept we need a top finisher, but strikers are ineffective without the team creating chances for them, and this is our biggest issue lately. We have a complete mental blank as soon as get anywhere near the box

have no problem creating chances? we had 30 chances against west ham just cant score

Claudio Echeverri River Plate to city a done deal according to Fabrizio. Will remain on loan until Jan 24. Hopefully works out to be as good a deal as Alvarez (and not as bad as Philips, hope he can get his career back on track as he's a top lad).

Sancho is talent but with terrible attitude. Antony is good attitude but with below average talent.

Latter is always better if you have to have one, at least he turns up for his job.

Done more than Antony in a utd shirt though

That's not difficult :p

It's a pity as you can see Sancho has a lot of ability, just a real lack of effort/discipline/application. I wouldn't blame ETH either as he's had issues at other clubs before us.

I think both have attitude issues personally. Antony might turn up but hes a whining little sausage like his mate Bruno.

Incredible business by Dortmund though.

Back
Top Bottom