Wireless/Bluetooth Keyboard for Gaming

kbc

kbc

Associate
Hi, currently in the market for a cordless keyboard to save some wiring space on my desk!

I play FPS a lot, so will be sticking to a wired mouse (MX518), however are Bluetooth keyboards better than Wireless for gaming? Which keyboards can you recommend??

I did get a wireless mouse once but was somewhat frustrated when it kept losing signal.... :( But definitely looking for a cordless keyboard!

Associate
I ended up going for a razer keyboard and mouse. The keyboard used 2 usb's and had a port on the keyboard itself, I plugged my mouse in there.

There's not anything for gaming other than wired imho, nothing worse than battery/signal related issues whilst mid game

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Logitech wireless is fine for gaming, I've never had a problem and I FPS game a fair bit.

I have a diNovo FNB and MX Revolution.

Associate
I had a cheapo wireless set for a while - hated the mouse (which repeatedly ran out of battery just when I didn't want it to) but loved the keyboard.

That was a set where the receiver had a particularly long cable, but it was necessary because signal strength was only ~2m max.

I've never tried bluetooth - so sorry I can't actually make this post useful in any way.

Associate
I use a Logitech Dinovo edge (i didnt buy it and i wouldnt recommend it seeing as it costs £100) But its bluetooth and i havnt seen any delay in any of my keystrokes, when gaming it seems as fluid as a wired.

Also no real need to worry about battery problems, i charged mine once before i started using it, its been on more then 12 hours a day for about 5days, and it still has 70percent of battery life.

Associate
I've got an £8 trust wireless deskset jobbie, and I've never noticed a problem. I don't necessarily do brilliantly in games, but then I only game for an hour or two a week; admittedly I've never had a really good quality keyboard+mouse, but I've never known it to stutter or miss keystrokes apart from when the batteries are going - and 10 seconds later I've swapped to my other rechargeable batteries and am away.

They're no use if you're an ultra serious league gamer etc - eg when those 3 deaths count - but if you're pretty casual I can't see any reason to spend that much cash on one.

Soldato
I've got the Logitech MX5500, it uses Bluetooth and it's great. Perhaps not quite as reliable as the MX3100 set I had before it, but certainly nothing to complain about. Very responsive for gaming too.

It's expensive (mine was free as a warranty replacement for the MX3100) but it's a great set.

There's not anything for gaming other than wired imho, nothing worse than battery/signal related issues whilst mid game

If the batteries run out mid-game, it's your own fault for not changing/charging the batteries when the notifications started popping up - the software will give you plenty of notice. As for signal issues, providing you get a decent brand it shouldn't normally be an issue. Of course, wired is always going to be more responsive and reliable, but wireless certainly isn't fraught with issues if you avoid the cheap rubbish sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom