Wireless earbuds with long battery life

Soldato
OP
From a google I found this website.

But the only one on that list i have heard of is the Sony WF-1000XM5.

I think your requirement of Good ANC and 10+ hours on a single charge might not be possible.

Yea, i have had a look online but always good to get personal opinions / recommendations...

Soldato
What do you intend using them for? I listen to audio books all day long and have a very good set of Soundcore by Anker ear buds (with over ear sports support) that I wear 6-10hrs a day, I also have a set of Skull Candy Push Active that are better for music, they have a stay aware mode where it used the microphone to feed you audio from around you, handy when running/cycling.

Depends on your use case and what you believe to be good quality audio.

Soldato
OP
What do you intend using them for? I listen to audio books all day long and have a very good set of Soundcore by Anker ear buds (with over ear sports support) that I wear 6-10hrs a day, I also have a set of Skull Candy Push Active that are better for music, they have a stay aware mode where it used the microphone to feed you audio from around you, handy when running/cycling.

Depends on your use case and what you believe to be good quality audio.

Music, youtube, movies...

Caporegime
Deffo dont skimp on the budget .
The next pair I buy I'll deffo look at the premium end.
I wish there was a way to try them like regular earphones tbh....
I have a pair of earfun pro 3 I gambled after being recommended them here. Stupid name for sure.
They last extremely long.... I can't remember a time I've had a battery issue.
As for sound quality, who knows... They are ok sure, people say it's decent, but tbh I have no decent comparison.
The mics are pretty hissy...
On paper they are decent spec for the money....

Last edited:
Soldato
I get the op, I’ve been working from home for so long now and even now I mostly work from home, and on the days that I am in the office.. it is distracting.

I personally don’t like the idea of having headphones on for 10 hours even if it’s for noise cancellation.

I tend to plan to do tasks that needs less focus on days that I’m in the office.. also a lot of people don’t respect the headphones now a days.. let alone the DND status on chat.

I have stories of people shaking my chair to get my attention as they believe that they was more important than what I was doing at the time with headphones on so I don’t get distracted lol..

In ear headphones don’t allow people to see that you have them in until they are close enough and at that stage.. a lot of them think.. now that I’m here already…

Personally I use the big over the head sony but they do get discomfortable with extended use and been thinking of getting some shokz but I’m not sure how much the people sitting near me would welcome sound leakage from an open back headphones.

Last edited:
Associate
Depending on how much you want to spend, at the lower price end the Anker Soundcore are decent enough, I don't have a pair myself, but I bought my daughter some for her schoool bus journey, she loves them. Often forgets to put them back in the case and they still seem to work for hours.

Soldato
OP
Depending on how much you want to spend, at the lower price end the Anker Soundcore are decent enough, I don't have a pair myself, but I bought my daughter some for her schoool bus journey, she loves them. Often forgets to put them back in the case and they still seem to work for hours.

I looked at those. Some different models?

I also looked at the over the head Sony Mx5. £299. I tried the Mx4 but noticed white noise. Is that normal?

Soldato
I looked at those. Some different models?

I also looked at the over the head Sony Mx5. £299. I tried the Mx4 but noticed white noise. Is that normal?
No, the XM4s are regarded the best overall by many even with the newer XM5, never had a "white Noise", I would go for the XM4s, the XM5s was barely any update apart from a smaller form factor.

Soldato
I'm happy enough with my Jabra Elite 3 Active earbuds, but I don't know how the earbuds actually last between charges as they've to run out on me. Nice sound with at a reasonable price too.

Soldato
I have the XM5s (upgraded from XM3s) and I can hear the white noise, but only if I'm in an area with no noise at all. In places with some background noise you no longer notice it, since it's now cancelling that out. They do have long battery life but I don't think it'll reach 10 hours.

Back
Top Bottom