Wireless mice, a bit peculiar?

Man of Honour
I'm used to wired mice, I have a SteelSeries Sensei which I very much like, but I find the cable a tad annoying at times (I know I could fix this easily with a bungee or similar), so I've just bought a Logitech G700s.

Now, it's nice and all, though I'm not sure about the rough feel of the sides, but it does something that my other mouse does not.

If I, for example, go to click on something like a small button or bookmark, 30%~ of the time the pointer will just overshoot it slightly, or move differently to what I'm used to, if that makes sense. It's not pointer precision as I've turned that off.

Is this just because I'm used to having a cable as a sort of 'anchor', or what's the deal here? I doubt it's the wireless connection itself as it seems very very responsive in that sense. I've tried using it plugged in and I can still reproduce it, though perhaps not as much.

My mouse mat is a QcK+ cloth mat, which has been fine, and I've got a 9HD as well (which is a hard mat) and that doesn't seem to make much difference.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? :p

Man of Honour
OP
Just to round this off, I got rid of the G700s as it just didn't feel right after using it for a few days. Back to the Sensei, which to be fair I have no reason to change!

Aside from the tracking issues, the side coating feels like sandpaper which is not really ideal... :eek:

I also wasn't a fan of the 'squidgy' buttons on the left of the mouse (for back/forward etc), the scroll wheel is also a bit higher than I'd want it to be as well.

Back
Top Bottom