Wireless mouse?

Soldato
Hi guys, thought Id start a thread, really thinking about getting a wireless mouse, I have a Razor Deathadder that I like, wired USB.

I think I had an old mindset but believe wireless now have no letency issues for gaming and not having a wire would be ideal.

The only thing is I am bit lost as to what to get, I know everybody raves about the Logitech mice but I just dont like how they look.

I like the weight and feel of this Razor mouse, I have more of a "claw" grip so small and light is what I prefer. I am a bit wary of Razor build quality as of late and I would be a bit upset dropping £150 for it to start playing up a few months out of warranty.

I am not boothered about RGB (at all) but it would be nice to have an integrated lithium battery as a apposed to ones that take an AA/AAA battery. And as little or no software needed, because I hate all that ****.

What are steel series like?

Any other suggestions?

DIT: Oh and I wont buy Asus anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless.
I have the standard 502 and it ticks all the above boxes, apart from looks... but then, I don't look at my mouse when playing anyway and I never see it from all the 'beauty angles' you get in the marketing photos.
A friend, who is far more of a competitive FPS player, so of course is a superior 'Gamer' to me, got the Lightspeed Wireless after trying my standard 502 and really rates it highly. The LIghtspeed has a lot more 'Gamer' features, so could still be worth a look...

Soldato
OP
Hi bit of a thread bump and thanks for the replies. I've been considering on and off but my Razor wired was giving me false scroll wheel inputs and I got back into PUBG again.

I did look at all the suggestions.

Logitech shroud g303

Went for this in the end, only been using it 3-4 hours but love it.

I dunno why I didn't go wireless years ago now, the freedom is so good, particularly as I use reasonably low sensitivity settings on PUBG.

Also no need for any software, works fine on just windows, which is a big plus for me as I hate all that ****

If you want a laugh though it took me a while to figure out how to get it working, I put the little USB dongle into the back of the mouse and whilst I could get it working wired, couldn't figure out how it was supposed to work wirelessly. Doh!

Man of Honour
Logitech mx master
This is not a gaming mouse and there is noticeable latency when gaming, even in desktop you can notice the 125Hz polling rate if used side by side against a 1000Hz mouse (wireless or wired doesn't matter).

I have the MX Master 3 and Master 3S and they are great mice for desktop use, but for wireless gaming you need a dedicated gaming mouse which has 1000Hz polling rate minimum.

I can highly recommend the Endgame XM2we, really light, really long battery life, virtually no latency difference between wired and wireless. And best of all it's actually really well priced. I keep both mice on the desk and use the XM2 when gaming, then switch to the MX when not. I especially like the Endgame because the plastic finish is better than what Logitech use, it also doesn't have that crappy texture that goes shiny after a while.

Last edited:
Associate
I have just got the G502 x plus lightspeed I moved from a G502 wireless lightspeed its a amazing mouse and I love it ....its not a heavy mouse its pretty light but I am fine with that plus you have the added support from Logitech which is one of the best support and warranties around.

Permabanned
If you've got monstrous size hands like me, get a Corsair IronClaw RGB Wireless. Love mine. Had the wired version before then went for the wireless, 2.4GHz and bluetooth.

I use it with BT 90% the time until I want to play CS2 online then flick the switch to 2.4GHz, it's not light, but I'm not a fan of light mice, IMHO it feels just right.

It has mad amounts of customiaation with the RGB if that's your thing, and obviously buttons can be mapped to whatever, I just leave the dpi setting lights on which also function as a battery indicator when turned on/bars go down, it lasts ages on bluetooth and more than long enough on 2.4GHz.

Only downside if you're picky, is that it isn't usb-c, but I couldn't care less, as 1 it comes with a cable and 2 I already have some other products with the same micro usb connection. 2 Year warranty too :) IIRC it was £80?

Last edited:
Associate
Piggybacking on this thread, can anyone recommend a good wireless gaming mouse without rubber grips or fancy coatings?
I've had the Corsair IronClaw RGB Wireless for less than a year and the coating and rubber is trashed! It's not very cleanable and I have hyperhidrosis so sweaty hands so a simple plastic coating would be better and easier to clean. I do love the ergonomics and weight of the IronClaw so ideally something similar and prefer USB charging to batteries.

Soldato
Piggybacking on this thread, can anyone recommend a good wireless gaming mouse without rubber grips or fancy coatings?
I've had the Corsair IronClaw RGB Wireless for less than a year and the coating and rubber is trashed! It's not very cleanable and I have hyperhidrosis so sweaty hands so a simple plastic coating would be better and easier to clean. I do love the ergonomics and weight of the IronClaw so ideally something similar and prefer USB charging to batteries.
Logitech shroud g303

Associate
I really like Razer Deathadder V2 X Hyperspeed - it doesnt have any bells and whistles but looks great, feels great and is very accurate. Good mouse.

Back
Top Bottom