Wireless network card keeps dropping out

Soldato
I have a Netgear WG311v3 pci wireless network card on 802.11g connected to a Netgear DG834g (could be gt) router. After almost exactly half an hour connected it will drop out and won't reconnect until i reboot, nothing i do gets it to reconnect.

Router firmware is the latest. Have tried both available drivers for the card, have tried reinstalling several times, have tried a different pci slot. I've also tried reinstalling windows. No luck.

This card worked in a different pc.

I've had this sort of problem as a result of out of date drivers and firmware before, never liked the software side of netgear stuff at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
The router appears to be the g not the gt. Did you try new firmware on those, netgear firmware never works until a few months after the product has been released.

This router connects to a netgear wireless laptop card and an intel wireless laptop card fine. Its just this card in this machine.

Soldato
OP
I agree. I've had enough of netgear myself. None of their products ever have working software and they rarely work when they do.

I'm going to email their tech support, and see if i can rma the stupid thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom