WLTP has hit

Soldato
Soldato
Ze Germans are crying

Been trying to run a few quotes through carwow for a D5 A8 and noticed on 1st July that all the options were missing

Odd I thought
Contacted carwow and a couple of dealers and they were equally confused. So obviously had to figure it out myself. I'm pretty sure now the every option has to be tested for WLTP testing method that all the options have been removed.
I noticed another trim level has been added - "Vorsprung". This adds heated front and rear seats, climate seats, extended leather etc etc list goes on. This seems to have replaced the options so you basically can't have any options anymore. You have to buy the sport, S line, black edition or vorsprung. Too late to order using the old method, now it's trim level or go home.

Now the germans have had to do a KIA/Hyundai and smash everything into trim levels instead

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Perfect, and about bloody time, you almost seem to be putting a negative spin on things, or are you seriously telling me that the F25 BMW X3 XDrive 35d MSport (highest trim level) not coming with electric seats as standard and then having to play the options lottery because you want something financially reasonable is a good thing?
:)
To be honest, I thought the Koreans were doing it right, but now has made me realise maybe options kind of work :D

eg vorsprung has cooled front seats, massage front seats, matrix reading lights, rear seat remote, all wheel steering and all this other crap that we didn't want. However black edition (one spec below) doesn't have the heated rear seats, 4 zone climate etc that we wanted in the first place. It's now gone from a 65k "purchase" to 78k+ for the required options!!

Just in case anyone interested here are the new trim levels

standard spec
A8%20-%202.PNG

S-Line
A8%20-%203.PNG

Black edition

A8%20-%204.PNG

Vorsprung
A8%20-%205.PNG

Soldato
Soldato
OP
I would tend to agree but in this specific case the trim level price difference from middle to top is over 20k RRP. There needs to be another level or some options available to add or remove

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Sorry to hijack your thread bud, but Im interested to know why you want to go for an A8?

Originally I was going to go for an Arteon, then I thought, nah Ill go A5, then I saw an A7 under leasing with Carwow is actually cheaper than the A5? :confused: (same specs etc).

And then I thought... perhaps the A7 is a bit too sporty looking and go with the A6.

As you can see, Im a bit of a mess on this at the moment :)
For my dad really, he has a D4 A8 so is looking to change to a D5. Some serious discounts to be had with the A8 as they are not particularly popular

Back
Top Bottom