Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Soldato
The individuals being complained about had very little involvement in that. That's part of the complaint.

Not sure what that has to do with anything, they were good enought to be part of the international squad, how and when they are used is down to the manager not them.

And it's not like it's incompetence to not score a penalty, just looked and the scoring rate of the entire Euro championship from 1960 to 2016 from penalties is 74%. It's in the strikers favour but it's far far from a foregone conclusion. Misses happen, saves happen, mistakes happen, just because they are an overpaid footballer doesn't mean they aren't fallible.

Honestly to vent abuse, racial or not, at a footballer for missing a penalty is pretty pathetic.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know what the graffiti actually said? I can't find a source anywhere reporting what it said in full [I stress "in full"]. So far there's no evidence that it was racist, as far as I can see.
I had a look for this myself. As far as I could tell it was something along the lines of “**** Saka” and “Bar Steward”.

My initial reaction to that (if that was indeed what was said) was one of mild frustration, as it was ‘championed’ as being a bombastic example of racism when, perhaps, it wasn’t. On the other hand, the targeting of the mural could have been racist even if racist language wasn’t used.

Reflecting on this some more, to dwell on my annoyance would be to miss the bigger picture. There has been unpleasant racist remarks made on social media, which are not socially acceptable and the people who have made those comments should be ashamed of themselves. Clearly, there is still an issue with racism in their country if comments like that are still being made.

So I think the reaction to the racism in the media is correct, even if defacing the mural has been brought into it incidentally. Defacing the mural was a pretty ****y thing to do regardless.

Relatively, it is a privilege to feel ‘bored’ at the purported overexposure of social justice issues in the media, compared to the agonising tedium of actually being treated poorly as a result of racism.

Soldato
Condone - transitive verb, to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless.

iNews - Priti Patel does not support England players taking the knee and says fans have right to boo.

People don't support "taking a knee", they associate it with BLM, BLM has a lot of negative connotations for a lot of people. They were responsible for wide spread looting and vandalism in the US last year, their founder was a Marxist, they are using a "Raised Fist" which has strong links to Communist parties from the 1930's for example. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roter_Frontkämpferbund

No one is going to boo something positive to do with anti-racism in football like the Standing up to Racism Campaign the Premier league did. This is just an attempt to force people into accepting a political position they don't agree with.

Caporegime
Not sure what that has to do with anything, they were good enought to be part of the international squad, how and when they are used is down to the manager not them.

And it's not like it's incompetence to not score a penalty, just looked and the scoring rate of the entire Euro championship from 1960 to 2016 from penalties is 74%. It's in the strikers favour but it's far far from a foregone conclusion. Misses happen, saves happen, mistakes happen, just because they are an overpaid footballer doesn't mean they aren't fallible.

Honestly to vent abuse, racial or not, at a footballer for missing a penalty is pretty pathetic.

No, but actually getting the shot on target is something any competent Sunday league player can do, nevermind a supposedly world class player.
Rashford did it all himself. He mucked about with his run up, tried to be Johnny big balls and completely screwed up. The other 2 penalties were just poor but his was appalling and entirely controllable.

Caporegime
People don't support "taking a knee", they associate it with BLM, BLM has a lot of negative connotations for a lot of people. They were responsible for wide spread looting and vandalism in the US last year, their founder was a Marxist, they are using a "Raised Fist" which has strong links to Communist parties from the 1930's for example. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roter_Frontkämpferbund

No one is going to boo something positive to do with anti-racism in football like the Standing up to Racism Campaign the Premier league did. This is just an attempt to force people into accepting a political position they don't agree with.

Yeah I'm sure all those fans booing were just making a political point being worried about Marxism and communism.

Soldato
Yeah I'm sure all those fans booing were just making a political point being worried about Marxism and communism.

BLM is a political movement and it's making a few people very rich.

The knee thing is their symbol. They have sort of succeded in brainwashing people via it.

Caporegime
Length of match - 90 minutes plus extras
Length of "ham-fisted political statements" - a few seconds

Yes, I can certainly see why it's such a big problem for these people :rolleyes:

They don't pay to be subjected to it. The same way some people boo when there's a pitch invader.

I've paid money, I don't want to watch that crap. If these overpaid millionaires want to do it, they can do it in their own time.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
They don't pay to be subjected to it. The same way some people boo when there's a pitch invader.

I've paid money, I don't want to watch that crap. If these overpaid millionaires want to do it, they can do it in their own time.

Relatively, it is a privilege to feel ‘bored’ at the purported overexposure of social justice issues in the media, compared to the agonising tedium of actually being treated poorly as a result of racism.

@Dis86 you're just showing your privilege ;)

Soldato
And they did play the game, the racial abuse didn't interrupt it or waste any of their time.

On this occasion. Racism directed at the players is an ongoing thing, as are their protests. It's extraordinary to me that you take issue with something that takes up literally 2 seconds of the match.

JRS

JRS

Soldato

If you're so exercised about the players being "overpaid millionaires" then why are you even watching? Just change the channel/don't go to matches :confused:

***edit***

Not gonna link to it due to the language, but Tom Walker's latest Jonathan Pie vid is bang on...

Soldato
Players - us taking a knee is to highlight racism.
Gammons - we know better, it’s about Marxism and communism. I mean, I’ve got a black friend but…

I’m excited to see the gammons get triggered - DaTs RaYsIsT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom