• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wondering how to get around this...

Soldato
Hey guys,

I have a plan of action for getting a new graphics card, but I also have some thoughts that I'd like to share to see if anyone has any ideas.

Basically, grab a GTX 680 from an international seller (that old bay site) for around the same price as a good 670 (4GB versions for Skyrim and such, don't start debating about this. 1440p + mods = I'll need more than 2GB). I plan to get an EVGA as their warranty is pretty good, and I'm hoping it'll still work here.

The problem is the fact Nvidia cards only have one displayport. What can I do with two ACDs? I can use one displayport fine, but I don't believe any DP -> HDMI connectors exist for HDMI 1.4a. (Will only have one now, but plan to get a second in the future and I plan to keep this GPU for a while).

Anyone got any ideas? I know there's the whole 'just use ATI' option but I'm using a 6950 from them and well, I haven't been too happy with their drivers to be honest. I'd like to try switching

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom