wondering on a spec for a computer to use as music drive for an audio amp..

Associate
got an old atx motherboard quad core and a few others all atx currently in a corsair 600t case..

want to build this as a single hardrive unit with something like a soundblaster ae 9 or similar cheaper so i can use as a drive for an audio amplifier

would you build into a smaller quite case or just start with a smaller form factor

not really worried to much about size just im guessing noise etc and if it just better to sell what i have and update.

would you build into a smaller quite case or just start with a smaller form factor

not really worried to much about size just im guessing noise etc and if it just better to sell what i have and update.
If you don't care about size then larger is actually easier, because you can fit larger coolers and bigger fans, which can run at a slower RPM and make less noise than small fans running at a high RPM.

Cases with a mesh tend to be harder to make quiet, just because there's less plastic/steel blocking the noise escaping, but if you're not too close to the PC then that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't recommend trying to make the case silent, just because when you reach near-silent fans you start hearing electrical noise and buzzing from the motherboard, PSU and even SSDs, so a quiet and consistently pitched hum is what I find the most optimal and cheapest fix.

thanks .. no ive plenty of room to put the case out of view so not as issue

metal case might be a better idea though but this done run slilent as over air cooled with quite fans runnig slow.

just need to find the right sound card then..

thank you

Back
Top Bottom