Woo free petrol!

Soldato
Just a one off, but the GF went to pay for my petrol, she also bought some mints. Having just returned home she looked at her cash card receipt and it only totals 59p (i.e. the mints), the numb skull forgot to add the fuel.

I wonder how long before I get a letter through the door.

Sorry not very interesting I know, but thought I'd share as it excited me lol.

Soldato
OP
Yes I was the only car in the forecourt. He asked her for a lot more than 59p when making the transaction :D Im hoping he didn't notice until he cashes up at the end of the night, then I'm not sure if he could figure which car didn't pay? :confused: What do you think

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14977476 said:
You owe them the money and they have your car on CCTV hooked up to ANPR.

Boo. I guess I better call them tomorrow.

Some 'people' I use who find 'people' have just called asking me for your address. Something about 'limited action' and 'collateral damage', but it'll be fine and they are very clean after the 'event'. What's that outside.....nighty night.

Send them. My address has guards stood outside it with rifles and live ammunition :p

Soldato
OP
This is interesting. My parents filled up last Sunday night at our local Tesco Express. My mother went in to pay and didn't even check the amount, just entered her pin. They have a Toyota. When they got home dad realised saw that the receipt was for £8 when they put £35 of petrol in. Mother had mixed up the pump numbers and had paid for someone elses fuel.

Dad went back the next day and was told that they had written it off as "drive away" and had been asked "was his car a Nissan".

So no, not every petrol station is connected to ANPR and for the amount, if my dad had not gone back they would have written it off.

That's exactly what the GF did. This was a BP station.

Soldato
OP
The GF works part time at a sports clothes shop. If any employee was to undercharge for an item they'd be held responsible and have to pay the difference out of their wage. I didn't call the petrol station today but I have the reciept and I think I might just leave it to find out if they contact me then I'll just claim ignorance and refund them accordingly.

Soldato
OP
As for those asking if the assitant asked if she had any fuel.. she said yes and the assistant asked for the full amount she epected to pay (fuel + mints). Yes both parties at fault for not checking really :)

Back
Top Bottom