Woooo Hooooo another spec me up thread !

Associate
Guys ,

I need your advice please . I work away from home and rather than buy another desktop replacement laptop I have decided to build a new rig from scratch , including case. I will be using it for work stuff , mainly office applications , gaming , BF2 , FEAR , Q4 so a decent graphics card and monitor will be needed. It will also need to be QUIET :D Not that bothered about CD / DVD drives , keyboards and mice got lots of them ;)

CASE :
PSU :
MOBO :
RAM :
CPU :
COOLING :
GRAPHICS :
HARD DRIVE :
MONITOR :

Anything else :

I set a budget of around £1000 (or over ;) ) for this , so rack ya brains and do your worst :D Let me know if you need anymore info ! :cool:

Last edited:
Mmmmmm looking luverly :D

Whats the most powerful CPU I can fit into that board ? I have only ever had ASUS Intel boards and am pretty ignorant of AMD chips :D

I may shell out for a 7800GTX as well as I can claim back the VAT so thats not an option in the overall price ;)

I do miss my 24" Dell , which is at home :(

Last edited:
Cheers guys some great options :D

Will the PSU in the Sonata handle this lot plus DVD/RW and USB hubs ? I was thinking of Akasa Eclipse and a Seasonic 600W ? Yeah I know it limits the budget but I can stretch to £1500 :D

I heard rumblings about Nvidia releasing a 7900 ? I take it this isn't on the radar yet ? The reason I ask about nvidia isn't cos I don't like ATI and the X1900XT is currently the quickest GPU but I read issues about the crossfire motherboards not quite 'maturing' yet ?

Thanks again guys , credit card is getting warm ;-)

Back
Top Bottom