Wordpress 2012 Theme - a few easy questions.

Soldato
Hello!

I'm setting up a new blog for a small TV/video production company (film news, corporate stuff, kit reviews, fun stuff). I'm new to the Twenty Twelve theme and have started to go around in circles. Here are the things that I thought would be easy, but can't seem to find how to accomplish them now:

1. Changing the colour of post titles.
  2. Adding Facebook and Twitter buttons below each post.
  3. Adding a Twitter stream of tweets in the sidebar.

(I'm not sure if I can link the blog.)

Surely all this is simple and I'm being thick?

Any help is most welcome. :)

I used Share and Follow for sharing links below posts/pages, and Social Media Tabs on this site.

The theme is 2011 not 2012, but they are fairly similar (and both plugins seem to work on most themes).

Am I the only one who thinks the new TwentyTelve theme is pants in terms of layout and CSS design? Just seems overly complicated to me for what's suppose to be a base theme.

Thanks all, I went with Shareaholic in the end and it seems to be just what I wanted. :) Sadly, I'm not done yet...

Where has the viewing stats gone on the Twenty-Twelve theme? I can't find it anywhere. Is it another plugin now?

Here's the site in question. How do I change the colour of the "Creative video production; movie this, industry that; cameras, lenses and lots of gaffer tape" line from red to black? The "JAM Productions" needs to stay as black. This should be easy?!

Last edited:
EDIT:

Change .site-description colour:

Code:
color:#000;

Will look like:

id5KKYn.png

You actually have the CSS definition probably somewhere in your header.php file. It looks like:

Code:
	<style type="text/css">
			.site-title a,
		.site-description {
			color: #f43333 !important;
		}
		</style>

Change it to:

Code:
	<style type="text/css">
			.site-title a {
			color: #f43333 !important;
		}
		.site-description {
color: #000;
}
		</style>

What do you mean with regard to viewing stats?

Last edited:
I love you Cheech! Thanks a lot. By viewing stats I mean how many hits the site has had, where the came from in the world, clicks, that kind of thing. It's just right there on my old WP blog's top bar, but on this new blog I can't find it!

Back
Top Bottom