Wordpress for Web App?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm starting to look at CMS's and frameworks for a new site idea of mine which really is more of a web app for a specific purpose rather than a shop window / news / community type site.

I have looked at Drupal and Wordpress from the CMS side and CI from the framework site.

I really like Wordpress and I know I can write my own plugins (and use others to some extent) to fulfil my requirements but I can't help but feel I'm going about it all wrong and should go the framework route. I have minimal design skills so the range and quality of some of the Wordpress templates is appealing.

So the question is....is Wordpress a good choice for the non standard but not overly complex site?

Or go CI (or other) and pay for a decent front end design?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks guys I completely forgot about Bootstrap! That could be the answer for me. Also been looking at JQuery/KendoUI which have come a long way so perhaps that would help me put up a reasonable front end initially then theme it later on when the back-end is complete

Maybe the next question is which framework!! ;)

Associate
OP
Just to throw a spanner in the works there's a good plugin for WordPress simple called "Custom Fields" that I used to create an entirely new Staff and Research types within wordpress.

The plugin lets you create relationships between the two and creates all the interface for you.

It's really quite powerful.

Will take a look thanks

Back
Top Bottom