Wordpress help please!

Soldato
Hi guys. I currently have a website for ease i'll just called it www.myfirstwebsite.com - I currently trade from this website and it is not using wordpress.

I am in the process of designing a better website but I don't want to mess around with my first website therefore I have registered again with the same host but a different username and used the 1 click wordpress installation (Let's assume this website is called www.mysecondwebsite.com). If I was to purchase a theme on this www.mysecondwebsite.com and modify it will I be able to use it on www.myfirstwebsite.com if I use my wp-admin login details after having done the 1 click wordpress install on the first site?

I want it to be pretty seamless therefore I want to design the website first then just switch over straight away hence my retarded way of doing things.

Thank you.

Soldato
OP
Gosh it sounds like a lot of work for someone with my limited experience! I might just have to try and do an all-nighter and get it done in a day have all the layout/graphics planned out before I take the plunge.

Soldato
OP
I fear that is beyond my current capabilities but thanks for the reply maybe one day i'll come across this thread again and know exactly what you mean!

Soldato
OP
Right guys so having looked at Duplicator it seems fairly easily. My only problem is i'm hosted with one.com and I cannot create a database with them they only allow for the database they've setup - i'm assuming it's ok just to use this database as long as I wipe it clean?

Soldato
OP
Thought i'd reply in here again. I have been messing around with duplicator etc and I seem to get an issue when I migrate a website the website seems to be an older version of the package I just created. Does anyone know what's causing this issue?

Soldato
OP
Thinking I might do this now... I didn't out of sheer laziness but seeing as duplicator isn't working as it should for me then guess i'll have to.

Back
Top Bottom