Wordpress theme

Soldato
Been looking through Theme Forest for a new Wordpress theme, been through the popular items section. I've already used Avada and some of the other top selling themes.

Any hidden gems I've missed? Any recommendations?

CHeers guys

Soldato
What do you want?

Personally I like The7 for our work website, as the v2 release gives me what I want regarding post sliders and photo galleries, without needing additional plugins and, in my opinion, it's gorgeous.

I think The X theme and Avada are some of the ugliest themes out of the box, though with Avada in particular you can style it how you want in the Wordpress backend - The X theme is far too spaced out for me, and though I want to keep trying it, I always pull myself away. I guess I could fix most of it in CSS, I'll pass, thanks.

Permabanned
can you specify for which business your looking the them for, have you checked templatemonster they also offer some good wordpress themes.

Soldato
What do you want?

Personally I like The7 for our work website, as the v2 release gives me what I want regarding post sliders and photo galleries, without needing additional plugins and, in my opinion, it's gorgeous.

I think The X theme and Avada are some of the ugliest themes out of the box, though with Avada in particular you can style it how you want in the Wordpress backend - The X theme is far too spaced out for me, and though I want to keep trying it, I always pull myself away. I guess I could fix most of it in CSS, I'll pass, thanks.
Hello gav. Me again! :D

Might look at The7. Getting a bit fed up with Avada and the amount of work I have to do to make things look nice. I don't see why I should spend hours working out the CSS code to apply to elements. I really love how some theme settings are customisable in the options menus but others I have to generate my own CSS to. Having to combine both of these methods for some stuff is beyond hilarious!! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Hey Marc! :)

The7 is definitely prettier out of the box, though of course beauty is subjective, and it's quite feature packed. My only complaint is that it can be quite heavy, though to be fair I've used two fairly heavy plugins before The7 introduced similar features (one being the excellent Essential Grid), so once I use the inbuilt The7 options that ought to speed things up a bit.

I might remake our site using The7 (though I'm currently checking out Newspaper too) just to start again and clean things up a touch. The good thing about both themes is that they both use Visual Composer, so remaking existing posts won't take long. That's another negative to Avada and The X - one uses a fully custom, in-house page builder, the other uses a customised version of Visual Composer, so you can't just copy and paste code and tweak it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom