Wordpress - What can it do for me ?

Associate
Hi All,

I am looking at building a new website which will host reviews (both written and YouTube videos), News items (maybe through RSS feeds) etc.

I know that Wordpress originated as blogging software which would be useful for reviews and allowing people to comment etc but I don't want the layout of a blog page. I would prefer it to have a more traditional website with clearly defined sections and sub-sections. Also, I would like people to register in order to comment or subscribe to an email etc.

Can Wordpress do all this as I think it has evolved since the early days ?

Thanks for your help.

Soldato
In addition to blog "posts" wordpress also lets you create pages with a hierarchical menu structure.

It's nothing like a simple blog any more. It's a fully fledged CMS that's easy to use, setup and has the potential to do anything.

Associate
OP
In addition to blog "posts" wordpress also lets you create pages with a hierarchical menu structure.

It's nothing like a simple blog any more. It's a fully fledged CMS that's easy to use, setup and has the potential to do anything.

Thanks Roy. That is the impression I got from briefly looking on the web.

How easy is it customise its layout and functionality ?

Associate
How easy is it customise its layout and functionality ?

It's very easy to setup up and manage, plus there are 100's of plugins and widgets you can use. I used to use HTML themes and dreamweaver now I only use wordpress. If your new to wordpress your better of just finding a good theme that covers everything you need and just purchasing/installing that and editing it to make it your own.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't give you the link, but just google theme forest, make sure you look at the wordpress theme section and not the html versions. Some are available on both formats and I have seen people buy the wrong version by mistake. As for the widgets once you have wordpress installed you can look through them via the dashboard, they also do wordpress plugins on that website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom