Work Experience in Notts for scripting/programming

Soldato
Hi all,

my 15 year old son has been let down by Crytek for his 1st choice work experience.
His ambition is to get into games design, web-scripting coding, programming etc, . He's more geared toward that than actually drawing (he's not too arty). He likes 3d rendering too.

Is there anybody in the Nottingham area that can suggest a local company he could approach?
Currently he's writing to SeeTickets for experience, but i don't think this is the right place to go to get an idea of the industry. According to him they do website production, which is where his scripting type interest lies i guess.
But, he's 15, so apart from playing pro ice hockey, this is what he 'thinks' he wants to do.

I don't want his week wasted by someone who isn't prepared to show him the ropes so to speak.

Would really appreciate any advice from anyone local please.

Cheers :)

Associate
I'm not Nottingham based, but I got dicked around by people offering and then withdrawing work experience back when I was a nipper so I feel the pain.

I've done a spot of googling and found this - http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/ Apparently they are a Nottingham based company that ports games to Linux? Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom