Work in street! Could it be.......?!

Associate
About a year ago contractors turned up on my estate and buried what looked like junction boxes at each end of the streets (on each side) with pipework linking each side of the road. VM put a leaflet through my door stating VM was coming. One of the guys said it was VM work when I asked.

About 3 weeks ago contractors turned up and dug street length trenches, laid cable and are now re-surfacing the pavements. They have only done the main road through the estate and one or two other roads off this. My street has not been touched since the work a year ago. Some off the trucks state ‘working on behalf of VM’ down the side.

On 25 Jul I received an email from Openreach saying that work was on-going to upgrade the network in my area and that as I had registered my interest in Ultrafast fibre they will keep me up-to-date as and when they hit significant milestones.

So what is going on? Is it VM, Openreach or both? Is this typical? Any thoughts on likely wait? I have 65/18 FTTC at present so not so bad but would like FTTP! Once the main route is done is it a case of any work along my specific street is done as/when people order?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom