Work trip to Bangkok

Soldato
Great trip, although the direct flight was dreadful, 12 hours on a plane isn't my idea of fun. Stayed in the Shangri La which is pretty much central. Got to get out on a few nights with the highlights being the State Tower and a boat trip down the Chao Phraya river.

aDrs3Jz.png

rUPzm3v.png

qAihthv.png

YGg1Wuh.png

iduoTky.png

zgT2Nex.png

rBmM9jJ.png

zdHMtL6.png

QnPXDnK.png

sKT4Iwz.png

DHVHZ3u.png

zZmLVFr.png

0OIrwHb.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I never class that sort of area as "central" Sukhumvit is where it's at

Visited BKK around 10 times (though always with the wife :( )
Admittedly it was my first time over there, so I'm by no means a seasoned veteran of all things Bangkok. It felt reasonably central though, really busy, with plenty of hustle and bustle. We did venture down the Si Lom Road to a few different bars which is heading towards Sukhumvit. I'll be honest I was blown away by the Lebua Club Sky Bar on top of the State Tower, the Distil Bar was pretty good too with some epic views at night.

Soldato
OP
love Bangkok but prefer to head south. I always need a few beers when my brother drives me from Bangkok to Pattaya :D

Unfortunately, I had no time to go south because it was a work trip. I do however intend to visit for longer in the future. I have a friend who visited the south of the country this year, and from some of the pictures I've seen it looks absolutely incredible.

Back
Top Bottom