Working out area

Associate
looking to lay some paving in the back garden, but having issues working out how many square meters of paving I should order.

the pic's are taken from 2 different angles

measure1.jpg

curve.jpg

anyone good at working this stuff out ?

Remember to add a good % for the cuts and also my supplier indicated to add 5% for their breakage in transport (!!)

I just over ordered mine tbh and did basic maths. That way you can "waste" the less nice looking ones if you're going for a natural /variable product (sandstone etc)

I agree! But that's what they stated apparently a lot do it.

That's what section 75 credit card protection is for ;)

If I pay for 100 pavers, I'm getting 100 pavers, not 95 pavers and some rubble they found in the back of the warehouse which they then claim was "broken in transit".

Last edited:
That's what section 75 credit card protection is for ;)

If I pay for 100 pavers, I'm getting 100 pavers, not 95 pavers and some rubble they found in the back of the warehouse which they then claim was "broken in transit".
100% agree.
I have never heard of any supplier charging extra for breakages in transit lol. if it happens, its their problem.

Also just do as above, measure the whole area, and deduct the left corner from the total.

I would also say, what program did you use to show those slabs, because their are some strange size slabs in that design.

Whats the total length and width?
I have a program here that will work out a laying design and how many slabs you will need (if it works, as sometimes it doesnt like win 11)

Here you go, this is just a guide, you can swap out anything you like, also it will take less once you do the curve. (ignore manhole)

[url=https://ibb.co/TmcrKqM][/URL]

If you want to try yourself, the program is called Patio Tile-o-matic,
you go into edit patio shape, each square is a 300x300 so you set out your length and width at the top, then you blank out the squares you wont be laying on.
then edit materials list and enter whats in your patio pack. (if it cant find a pattern, you may have to add some extra slabs)
then hit R until you get some results

Last edited:
I had once ordered 8 boxes of tiles, one whole box I kid you not came broken. Threw a hissy fit at the company for a replacement box lol.

The planter is killing the useable space. And so is the curve if the grill is staying where it is. You will end up with a setting area of 2.4x2.2m Then factor in the kitchen door. Square the paving across from nextdoors extension. Get a line marking can of paint to mark your ideas out. It will help you visualise the space. Where are any table and chairs are going, the space the grill needs, the impact of the doors on where you place a dining set etc. Remember to allow for people using these things (chairs out from the table, 600mm extra for someone work the grill).

Back
Top Bottom