Working out if it's a write off?

Don
Hi guys,

Only a few days ago I posted this thread. I had made my mind up to just buy a car, tomorrow we were off car shopping and to get a value for a P/X for my 308...

Fast forward to tonight and coming back from work and a Deer ran out in front of me causing a hell of a lot of damage, talk about unlucky!

Anyway, the car is valued at £3,850 on the insurance (their valuation) and I'm curious whether they would deem it a write off or just repair. I'm not particularity fussed either way to be honest but considering it's mileage being high for the year (145k / 08) and the damage is to the bonnet, bumper, two headlights, plate, possibly other stuff (yet to look under the bonnet)..

What do you guys think? Luckily I have another car to use but still is extremely frustrating.

Caporegime
Imo almost certainly a write off, a friends e60 got written off for a bumper, headlamp and front wing recently after a deer on Cannock Chase tested his reactions, his is an 09 plate 90k mile 520d worth at least double what yours was / is I'd guess....

He's bought it back off the insurers and fixed it via a local garage for a few hundred quid, maybe an avenue to consider?

Don
OP
Imo almost certainly a write off, a friends e60 got written off for a bumper, headlamp and front wing recently after a deer on Cannock Chase tested his reactions, his is an 09 plate 90k mile 520d worth at least double what yours was / is I'd guess....

He's bought it back off the insurers and fixed it via a local garage for a few hundred quid, maybe an avenue to consider?

Sounds promising, I just put a deposit down on a new car so I'm kind of hoping for a write off now as it saves me trying to sell it. Is it if the repairs cost 60% of the cars value they determine a write off?

Dang, sorry to hear that pal.

Cheers mate, not all that fussed, at least the kids weren't in the car! Was a bit of a shock hitting anything at that speed mind.

This is the car btw..

I noticed a leak to the passenger side of the car, any idea what this could be? Wasn't there prior to the accident.

Don
OP
The Pug did me proud, it did a lot of miles and never let me down once! It flew through it's last MOT and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.. I need something bigger to replace it though.

Back
Top Bottom