Worried about some temps, need advice.

Soldato
Should i be worried with the mb temp going to 32c sometimes?

In general my pc has been getting higher temps slowly but steadily.

1st it was cpu going from 30/32c idle on desktop to now 34/35c idle and sometimes 39 with medium load as in wmp on and some other things. Before even after heavy gaming sessions my cpu temp never really got above 35/36c

Its a arctic freezer 64 pro btw.

My mb temp usually is 29c which according to a friend is high already as his is like 22c or somit (hes over in nl tho and im uk). Recently its been getting upto 32c.

Now although not a problem it is strange that sometimes i get warning errors in pcprobe and sometimes in everest that cpu fan looks like its off but i look at fan myself and its still spinning happily. Strange but i thought id mention it.

Now i do admit it being warm in my room as radiators set on timed for morning and night and i dont know if its warm outside but im thinking sometimes its like a warm day so that could contribute as well.

Heres a screenshot of pcprobe.

So my main question of course is are my mb temps ok as thats what the most is for mainly, and any idea why my temps are going up to the temps i have described? Its been warm before and temps never rose to the temps im getting these days...

Soldato
TBH mate, those temps are peanuts.
Your room is just getting warmer as summer approaches; Ignore it.
The MB temp should be able to hit around 45c before you should even consider worrying, CPU ditto at 50c.

-Leezer-

Man of Honour
.. and your worried because???

Those temps are fine.. Both CPU and Motherboard will take extreme heat temperatures before it causes problems. Besides which, your BIOS should be set to cut out if these temps exceed a ceiling. If PC probe is giving you alerts, then maybe the alarm settings are too low..

So stop being paranoid and enjoy your machine :)

Soldato
OP
AMD 64 3500+ (stock speed) (auto volts so about 1.42 ish im getting on everest, cpuz is weird as it can go from 1.4 to 1.5 lol so i take that with a pinch of salt hehe.

asus a8v deluxe rev 2 mb

2gb geil value ram 2.5,3,3,6 (default speed 200mhz, 400 effective)

antc p160w case with a 900rpm fan at back but does good air flow. Got a akasa amber which is rdy to slot into front of case but aint used it as wont till needed due to me wanting a quiet case.

asus v9999GE card.

--

I know my temps arnt dangerous well yeah i was worried about mb but not cpu as i know it can handle upto 50 ish i think.

I supose im just fussy as i like to keep them low as i can i supose and didnt like them getting higher all of a sudden.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
SkeeterPSA said:
AMD 64 3500+ (stock speed) (auto volts so about 1.42 ish im getting on everest, cpuz is weird as it can go from 1.4 to 1.5 lol so i take that with a pinch of salt hehe.

asus a8v deluxe rev 2 mb

2gb geil value ram 2.5,3,3,6 (default speed 200mhz, 400 effective)

antc p160w case with a 900rpm fan at back but does good air flow. Got a akasa amber which is rdy to slot into front of case but aint used it as wont till needed due to me wanting a quiet case.

asus v9999GE card.

--

I know my temps arnt dangerous well yeah i was worried about mb but not cpu as i know it can handle upto 50 ish i think.

I supose im just fussy as i like to keep them low as i can i supose and didnt like them getting higher all of a sudden.

The CPU will take a lot more thn people think. I know cos i had an old 3200+ running at 70 for a while and had to increase the "cut-out" ceiling to 80!!

Soldato
no probs re temps - if your CPU starts to exceed 50/55 or so under load then worry.

Motherboard temps are fine also.

Get overclocking !!! :p

Soldato
OP
Got cpu to 2.4ghz once but didnt feel confident at keeping it at that speed so went to stock speed, i mean i dont need extra speed really, not yet as games can be handled well enough. When games do start being slow and cant use high setting and aa and that, then i will oc :) Had to use a divider tho for ram so ram was 200 still as i dunno how much i can push the ram. Timings tho for ram is good i supose considering its supose to be 3, 4, 4, 8 for ddr 200. :)

Associate
Admiral Huddy said:
The CPU will take a lot more thn people think. I know cos i had an old 3200+ running at 70 for a while and had to increase the "cut-out" ceiling to 80!!
It can even go higher than that, my 3000+ took temps near or at the 90s near the end of its life, and it held on for a few months of this, infact it still works now. Ripped the alarm out because it was near always on by the end :D , still its surprising how long it'll run before it cuts out. Just riding my luck until I had enough cash for full upgrade, which im doing now.

Back
Top Bottom