Worrying

Caporegime
My computer just reset itself and the error message that came up when i restarted windows said:

The error was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error which forced the operating system to stop functioning.

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, unfortunately the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. More than likely the problem is being caused by problems with one or more of the following computer components:

Random Access Memory (RAM)
System board
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Power supply

At the time i was running boinc on both cores, reading the forum and transferring some files from a DVD to a HD. Just before it reset itself it stalled for about 30 seconds then one of my boinc projects stopped shortly followed by the second.

As i have just restarted windows without any problem whatsoever i can only assume its possibly a power issue? Its never done this before but i just recently got a new PSU. Any ideas?

I had a look in the bios and it showe the 12v line running 11.84-11.90, does that seem a bit low?

Thanks

Spec

x2 4400 @ Stock
6800GT @ Stock
2 GB crucial RAM
Neopower 430w PSU
Asus A8N SLI deluxe

EDIT: I just had a look at the history on ASUSprobe and it shows the 12 volt line as completely steady, fluctuating between 11.84 and 11.904 for the last ever although there were 2 falls to 11.776 but they were before the problems started. The time interval between measurements was 30s so i dont know how much use it is.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This just happened again. I was running boinc and writing a CD. After restarting it still seems to have issues. I am writing a CD at the moment with no cpu usage and its taking abou 5 seconds for the writing to come up after i type it in this message.

Back
Top Bottom