Worst/scariest moment on 2/4 wheels

Associate
Was going through some old photos and came across a picture of my scariest motoring moment. About 10years ago I stupidly thought it would be a great idea to do a pillion lap of the Nurburgring on the back of my mates Aprilia RSV millie!

20070501-0365.jpg

It was the craziest/worst/scariest 8 and a half minutes of my life. There were points where I was genuinely thinking of how to tuck and roll when I came off the back :p

I don't ride but I'd done quite a few road miles as a pillion on that and his previous bike, a CBR 600, but nothing could prepare for that lap. It's definitely not something I'd recommend!

Anyone else had any instant regret/**** your pants moments on 2/4 wheels?

Associate
OP
Personally don't think they should allow bikes on there with mixed traffic and/or pillion - seems far too dangerous to me and seen many a biker go off track trying to avoid cars due to the different lines and/or nearly get hit.

To be fair that picture was from back in 2008 and at that time there was loads of bikes out on track, including the marshals flying round on theirs. I remember that every lap I drove in my car I was always conscious of bikes. As the years have went on I see less and less bikes on track to the point that it's quite rare to see one out when you're lapping, and I think that's the problem. I don't think they should stop bikes on tourist days as with anyone who goes out there you know the risks involved. It speaks volumes that out of all my mates who used to go out there on bikes, they all now take their cars and leave the bikes at home.

Back
Top Bottom