Worst tv advert?

Soldato
Pretty much all of them are *****, no idea why these companies don't make something funny or good so people remember them and thus the product. Instead of being creative they'd rather be an annoyance.

Annoyance adverts work, Moneysupermarket, Webuyanycar (their inital ads were an absolute auditory assault), Gocompare etc all very succesful, more so than the "high concept" stuff from years ago like the old Guiness ads which were brilliantly done, but sadly its repition and annoyance that seems to stick in people's minds.

Soldato
That Virgin Atlantic advert is woke overload.
YT comments

"One of the biggest issues with my job as an international smuggler is a metal detector detecting the guns and gold bullion about my person. But now with Virgin Atlantic I just have to poke out my pierced tongue and they smile and say "You are who you are" before waving me through unchecked. Thanks Virgin Atlantic for letting me be the best smuggler I can be."

"Gives a whole new meaning to the term ‘trans-Atlantic’!"

• Haha
Reactions: fez
Soldato
The Peugot 408 advert with a foreign lass delivering the final uplifting line of "Because what truly speaks to us.... is the voice whispering in to our souls...". But her being a bit foreign, "our souls" sounds like something else entirely, which kind puts different spin on the final message, but still strangely appropriate for a dirty french car. ;)

Soldato
The Peugot 408 advert with a foreign lass delivering the final uplifting line of "Because what truly speaks to us.... is the voice whispering in to our souls...". But her being a bit foreign, "our souls" sounds like something else entirely, which kind puts different spin on the final message, but still strangely appropriate for a dirty french car. ;)
It's also often mis-heard in lyrics. Oasis's 'Acquiesce' springs to mind... 'What's sleepin' in our soul'

Soldato
It's not a mistake, they know their customers!

Soldato
"With a plant based ingredient"....

Seriously who in marketing OK'd that. That's so ambiguous and vague it's unreal. What the hell is it and what the hell does it do. Lemon is a plant based ingredient, and that's in loads of cleaning products..

Drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Recent advert that are trying so freaking hard to be body positive by using absolutely massive people doing exercise, which with all due respect they clearly do not do unless it's their first day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom