• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Worth Having AA?

rotters said:
ok chaps how do i tel if i have AA or AF on? im a noob to gfx settings im running an x1900xt.

rotters

I've not used the ATI control before (nvidia fanboy :D ), but you should just be able to go to the video/graphics settings of your chosen game and there is usually an AA&AF option in there, with an X1900XT I'd try 4xAA and 8xAF for the average game.

Here's an artical/guide on AA&AF here http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/07/04/aliasing_filtering/1.html, skip to page five of that artical and there is some comparsion shots to show you the difference with AA & AF on and off.

Last edited:
rotters said:
i play wow mostly and cant seem to find AA or AF in video section, got multi sampling at x6 but i guess this is different??

rotters

Yes thats it, your graphics card will eat that game for breakfast so set the Multi-sampling as high as it can go, under 'World Apperance' whack all the sliders to the right and under 'Shaders' tick all the boxes.

Associate
Soz for offtopic abit but on some of my older game in the settings theres nothin for aa and af how do i set it to say 4aa with out going to nvidia control panel as i have some games with 4aa others with 2aa

Back
Top Bottom