Worth upgrading xs max to 13pro max now?

Soldato
Hi All,

As per title my phone is starting to get on my nerves.

The battery now sucks (i know i can get it changed) and the charging port is intermittent sometimes just refusing to work on multiple cables.

I use my phone for car play all day at work so having the satnav and music drop out whilst driving constantly is really starting to drag.

Apple will give me £160 trade in for my phone currently and i would go for the 128gb pro max

Soldato
Love my 13 PM. The battery life is just insane.

I have an early upgrade plan from EE, but I’m already considering keeping the 13 when the 14 launches..

it will take a lot of changes for me to consider "turning my head" to a new phone!

fez

fez

Caporegime
No. Its only about 2 months until the new iPhone is launched so you will either be able to get the latest and greatest for the same price or get a 13 pro max for much less. I got one about 3 months ago to replace an iPhone X and its a cracking phone and the battery life is amazing but the only reason I could justify it was because it was it was £900 for the 256gb 13 Pro Max, a saving of £250 over retail. Otherwise I would have waited the 5 or so months until the 14.

Then again I'm cheap and it doesn't bother me having an older iPhone. This one will probably do me another 4 years plus.

Soldato
OP
Hi All,

As per title my phone is starting to get on my nerves.

The battery now sucks (i know i can get it changed) and the charging port is intermittent sometimes just refusing to work on multiple cables.

I use my phone for car play all day at work so having the satnav and music drop out whilst driving constantly is really starting to drag.

Apple will give me £160 trade in for my phone currently and i would go for the 128gb pro max

Well, i couldnt wait anynore. Phone completely died, lightning port stopped working all together.

Gave in and bought the 13 pro max shame as I was trying to baby it thru another couple of months.

Soldato
OP
I know it's late now but did you try cleaning the charging port? They often get clogged with dust and it's simple matter to scrape it out.
Yes mate.

Tried every trick i could find online compressed air, cleaning with toothpick etc

The phone lasted 3.5 years without fault so i suppose it was about time something broke.

Soldato
Well, i couldnt wait anynore. Phone completely died, lightning port stopped working all together.

Gave in and bought the 13 pro max shame as I was trying to baby it thru another couple of months.

i wouldn’t be disappointed, it’s an awesome phone, the battery life especially, it’s phenomenal.

Soldato
OP
How are you finding it?

Its a great phone. Feels like a huge speed upgrade my old phone was starting to lag. And the batt doesnt need charging half way thru the day.

The best bit However is the sat nav not Dropping out whilst doing 70mph on the motorway, the amount of times i came close to throwing that phone out the window!

Back
Top Bottom