would you be happy with this ?

Associate
Recently had notification that the local authority wants too install wired smoke alarms too the flats i live in it's social housing which i don't have a problem with but in order too do the work they want too fit an electrical isolation switch in side the meter cupboard.

Fine but the cupboard is outside the property in the stairwell which means anyone with a 2 quid meter box key could maliciously kill the power too the entire flat.

I'm not happy about this can't be the norm too fit an isolation switch in a unsecured location ? surely they could fit the switch inside the flat.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i don't get this either the board was replaced 10 years ago so it's up to date spec, they must have had too switch the power off too the flat somehow when fitting that no isolation switch was needed then.

Associate
OP
right but there most be some-way of isolating the meter already though it's an old style meter with a brown block too the side of it wires come too that then through the wall. that's the bit that is too be replaced.

under the stairs on the ground floor there is a secure walk in cupboard maybe something is in there.

Associate
OP
Aye they have done it in my friends flat housing association but they going overboard with the alarms she's got 4 or 5 wired ones in a one bed flat, seems over the top i have a battery powered one the fire brigade fitted years ago in my hallway burnt toast can set that off.

it's part of a electrical upgrade programme they are doing apparently.

Back
Top Bottom