Would you bother? (mac mini related)

Soldato
I want a mac mini. I'm moving into my new house in a month and I want to kit it out with the ****.

I have an iMac, and this will be in the office. And in the living room will sit a 360 and PS3, and possibly a mac mini. Now I realise I can stream all of my music/vids to the consoles, but given the choice I'd rather do it through a mac mini due to front row etc. Plus I think it'd be cool to have a wireless keyboard and the new magic trackpad and use the mini as a normal computer in the living room.

Does anyone else do this? Any drawbacks to the idea? Is it worth it or would it simply be a big waste of money?

Man of Honour
My view is front-row isn't powerful enough on it's own, plex (or similar) is the way forwards if you want to do that and it runs just fine on far cheaper hardware than a mac mini. If you've got heaps of spare money then fine but I think it's difficult to justify as a media player...

As a normal computer, well it's tempting but personally when I use a computer in the living room I do so with half an eye on the TV, can't do that when the TV is the machine's screen...

Back
Top Bottom