Would you go on a date with yourself?

Caporegime
Up front disclaimer : all of my threads are terrible and whilst this one has a different title to the other ones it is still absolutely terrible in every meaningful sense of the word. Buyer beware.

Reading some of the relationship threads last night and this morning I couldn't help but feel that we are a strange bunch of people. Unsure of ourselves, worried about other people's views of us, constantly seeking validation, hesitant, needy. But that can't be the case all of the time for all of us, can it?

This lead me to wonder if I would go on a date with myself. I don't know how this would work (it wouldn't) or explain it (time travel, I don't know) but I came to the conclusion that I would date the hell out of myself.

So, moving the thread into an easier to respond to direction, I ask you, GD ubermensch, if you would date yourself. Where would you take yourself? What would you do? Would you kiss yourself at the end of the night? How long would you wait to call yourself? What would you wear?

Caporegime
OP
Do I win?
Untitled.png

The bar is slightly higher than this.

Caporegime
OP
Magnolia - reading your OP again... are you seeking to confirm a theory you have that a lot of people on here are unhappy with themselves, and your way of testing self esteem is to ask this question? Theorising that the people who are unhappy will have low self esteem and wouldn't date themselves?

I'm not sure. As a forum, a group of people, we often sound lacking in self esteem. But I can also imagine a scenario where someone with little or no confidence would actually be happier dating someone exactly like them which, if you take it to its logical and final conclusion, could be themselves.

You are a beautiful and caring man. Thank you for this.

Back
Top Bottom