Would you have the guts/dishonour to go through with this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I was walking through Sutton high street about 4 weeks ago and got stopped by someone to answer a questionnaire - she didn't identify why or who the data would be sold to. I thought for the first time in my life 'You know, for a change, I'm actually gonna do this'

Now the very first questions started getting on my nerves as they were asking too personal stuff, as they started talking about my income etc' So I decided to give out silly answers (lies) basically for the lolz rather than just walk away:

'How much do you earn?'
'£175,000 before bonus'

'How many houses do you own'
'8, including 2 in Monaco'

'How often do you change your car?'
'Every 6 weeks'

'How many cars do you have?
'7'.

You get the idea.

Thought nothing of it. Was amazed as she kept diligently writing whatever I spouted on to her official bit of paper.

So, forward 4 weeks, just 10 minutes ago I get a phone call [paraphrased]:

'Hello Sir, this is Adam from the Bentley garage, we'd like to invite you to spend a free day test driving our latest models including our latest Continental Supersports. We will pick you up from your house at a time of your choosing, let you drive any Bentley we have, throw in lunch, then whenever you want we'll give you a lift back home - simple as that, as we want to 'foster a client relationship' with you.'

!! WHOA !!

That car alone is > £200,000!!

So, you can probably guess my dilemma (I said I'd call them back). I lied like a trooper on the questionnaire just to see if pretty girl would call me on it, she didn't. Shall I get Bentley to pick me up from my fairly squalid terraced house for a day panning their super-cars?

Basically - would you have the minerals to go through with it including making up some reason why there arn't a variety of Ferraris and Porshes parked outside the house? Or come clean now it's all getting a bit serious, and throw away the chance (only chance in my life?) to drive the super cars..?

TEFAL - Yes I know - you think the whole story is a lie - blah blah yadda yadda! I'll do you a deal, if I go through with it I'll prove it to you with a picture of me with the Bentley and some other (small) object of your choosing so you know I didn't just grab any old photo off t'net. Then you've got to believe me for once! Deal?

Last edited:
Being fairly local to SUtton myself I'd be curious as to why Bentley chose Sutton of all places to carry out a questionnnaire with such a large offering on the back end?

You'd have thought of other ares to do this to yield genuine wallet bulging folk?

I reckon it was a company data mining then selling the data to whoever wanted to buy it.

They probably sold a different set of people's answers, from the same questionnaire, to 'Ocean finance'!!

Just a generic company I reckon - not Bentley specific.

So the "time of your choosing" was the day you were on a stag do?

:rolleyes:

Yea I put it for a Saturday because I work all week. Taking a day off during the week would cost me quite a lot.

It's always a bit difficult - at the moment my late May weekends are filling up, April is already completely gone .. :( Too busy ...

Busted! you choose the day so why choose it on the stag do and even if there was one.. ring back and go hey cant do that day how about so n so day.

Well there was a stag do. I'm busy every single day now until late may apart from perhaps late April as I may (probably) be out of work by then so could potentially do that for a week day (after DAS and PRINCE 2 learning!)...

So you knew at the time that you wouldn't be able to do it, but you booked it anyway, and then posted here?

Anyway, a day off can't cost you much more than £50 surely?

A day off will cost me £411.39 before tax. Which is quite a lot to chuck up the wall.. I didn't know about the staggy before I set a date. The lake district isn't that good a place for a stag-do, but his fiancee wouldn't let us have it in Blackpool because 'the women there are rough and easy'. All very bizarre ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom