Would you keep a monitor with a few dead pixels

Soldato
I managed to snag a refurb Dell S3422DWG for £290 and I was very pleased with it but when running the standard tests, I noticed 2 dead pixels.

One is in the bottom right and I barely noticed it but there is one that is near the center, sligtly off the left that I notice more but only really when I am working on anything with a white background (Documents, Outlook etc.)

I am very tempted to return this however given the fact that I got it for almost £200 off RRP, and the current wait time for a new one is April, I'm also half tempted to keep it.

What would you guys do?

Soldato
OP
I’ve raised a support request with Dell to see that they say before I sort out the refund request from the seller.

Dell were very quick in sorting out a dead pixel on my S2722DGM so hopefully they'll do the same here…

Soldato
OP
So, a little update on this.

I contacted Dell and explained the situtation and they're going to replace my monitor which means I'll get a new or Dell refurb without spending any more cash which is good.

I know there is a delay in the replacement due to the high demand of the S3422DWG but I can make do for now whilst I wait.

And the seller I purchased it from on eBay has given me a partial refund so in total it cost me £260 for a (hopefully soon) new S3422DWG... not bad going really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom