Poll: Would you or wouldn't you???

Would you or wouldn't you??? (keep the gold, because this thread title is garbage)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

'Even if I don't get any of the gold back I will still have my beautiful tank,' he said.

....through gritted teeth and a tear in his eye.

Man of Honour
People who say keep it... what would you do with it? How would you monetize it? It's not as if you can just turn up to the bank and say, can I have £2m please. I'm not suggesting you're wrong, genuinely curious.

Caporegime
People who say keep it... what would you do with it? How would you monetize it? It's not as if you can just turn up to the bank and say, can I have £2m please. I'm not suggesting you're wrong, genuinely curious.

I'd melt them down into smaller bars and sell them online over the course of a few years.

Associate
Travel to the Klondike and sell them to the gold miners for a little under the full value so it gives them some meat on the bone. They'll do the dirty work and melt it down at the local gold exchange

Caporegime
As unmarked gold bars?

Can you do that??

Surely that would arouse suspicion? IF not, then seems like a good way to do it.

Would you sell it at the gold trading price or below?

Not sure, but even if you couldn't I suppose you could sell them on one of these Silk Road type websites for bitcoins.

I'd probably sell below as it'll be a lot quicker.

Associate
People who say keep it... what would you do with it? How would you monetize it? It's not as if you can just turn up to the bank and say, can I have £2m please.

Cash Converters. Job done.

Seriously, I wouldn't have kept it. I'd have been too busy heh 'bricking' myself at the thought of some radical branch of the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard come storming my house, or some cadre of dishonourably discharged US Marines, fresh out of military prison, looking for their score from the war*

*I may watch too much rubbish telly :D

Associate
Not sure, but even if you couldn't I suppose you could sell them on one of these Silk Road type websites for bitcoins.

I'd probably sell below as it'll be a lot quicker.

Yeah I can't imagine if you're trying to shift 2 million in dodgy gold you're too worried about getting dead on market price.

Soldato
Slightly OT but was watching this video recently about extracting gold from PC components, at the end you see how he melts the gold, very small amounts though, not sure how it would apply to a bullion bar, may need a furnace of sorts,

Back
Top Bottom