Would you rather...

Associate
Work at the minute is starting to turn sour, my company was bought over in the last year and now the office politics and pressure from the new owners are starting to make themselves felt. However the project that I'm working on is actually quite interesting and using latest technologies and in an area I find interesting, its the management of said project that is killing me.

A opportunity has opened up in an other local company doing similar work but just not as interesting a project. This company is well renowned locally for being a great company to work for, that looks after its employees and invests in them.

So would you rather
interesting work within a toxic environment?
OR
great environment with a potentially dull project?

Associate
OP
Yeah I have made my mind up and the applications have been made. Things really came to a head last week when the management team decided that kicking the dev team when they are under pressure is the way to improve the standard of our work. Mandatory weekends and threatening to cancel Christmas leave was the icing on the cake. Currently there are 4 of us in a team of 6 devs looking for new opportunities outside of the company, I imagine the other two will follow shortly.

In a startling coincidence this post by Scott Hanselman was posted the day after our team bashing from managment and it sums up the whole experience pretty well. http://www.hanselman.com/blog/FearDrivenDevelopmentFDD.aspx

Back
Top Bottom