• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Would you remap a lease vehicle?

Soldato
My work van is dog slow thanks to some eco garbage engine, it's lease is up in 12 months but it's doing my head in, it's ok so long as you can keep it wound up but if you have to drop down to 55 when a wagon pulls out, for instance, then you have to pull in behind it to let all other cars past because it's flatter than a witches tit and takes forever to get back up to warp speed.

It's a 14 plate Transit Connect LWB that's done 71k miles, 1.6 95bhp, I think a remap will take it up to about 130-140 ish.

Soldato
OP
I don't have anywhere to keep one so not really an option.

Anyway, after some reading it seems they remove loads of stuff for remapping this engine, like the EGR, DPF and a few other things that make it not worthwhile. TBH the gains aren't great so it's a bit disappointing all round.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is that all they give is it? Having just googled tuning boxes I came across various forums for diesel cars such as 1.6 Mokka's and PoV spec diesel German whip's were the owners was banging on that the tuning boxes had turned there taxi cab engines into some kind of and I quote "Rocket ship" gaining 50bhp at the drop of a hat :rolleyes::D and how they can "blast past anything on the motorway"etc with them lol. That was on a Astra club site that someone stated that in :eek:
Gotta love diesel owners

The gains with some diesels can be massive, I think because this is some sort of "econetic" garbage means there's not much to be had from it.

in your lorry scenario what gear are you in ?

surely its not that bad if you drop a gear and are back in the turbo zone ?

Dropping into 4th makes barely any difference, dropping down from 80 ish to 55 ish and then trying to get back up to 80 again is painful no matter how you use the gears.

I know your pain, I do 20-25k a year in a 100PS Transit Custom, they are woefully underpowered

I'm on for 40k ish a year, it's a 14 plate and on 71k, I had it brand new...

That 20hp extra would give you a big boost in performance - you'd certainly feel it.

Having owned a similar Peugeot Expert with 110hp, I can assure you it went very well for a van, 0-60mph in roughly 12 seconds.

I had a 115bhp caddy previously and I can hardly feel any difference, especially with the amount of gear I carry in it.

Why on earth would you spend several hundred pounds of your own money modifying a car that:

Because I spend A LOT of time in it, see above, 40k ish miles a year is a long time spent sat swearing at the bloody thing for being so slow.

It's a shame because it's a cracking van, looks decent in ford perfromance blue, all the toys in it etc.. it's just slow as a barge.

Back
Top Bottom