Would you return this?

Associate
Hey guys

I bought a Samsung Odyssey G7 27" recently and recieved it yesterday, still getting used to the curve but aside from that it is an absolutely incredible monitor! Anyway, this post isn't about that.. There is this minute blemish on the monitor, I don't even know if I would call it a dead pixel, its not circle it's like a hairline blip on the bottom right that can only be seen if that area of the screen is white, which just so happens to be where my scroll bar is on Chrome otherwise I don't think I would have noticed it :rolleyes: it's the only time I can notice it, it's so small and hard to notice that I know I will eventually grow blind to it but I'm just wondering what other's would do.

Would you return this and take the gamble of getting a monitor with a different, more noticeable problem?

I done a dead pixel test and the monitor is 100% everywhere else.

38uV9Rt.jpg

Associate
OP
If it bothers you to post about it, get it replaced. You'll only just keep noticing it.
It is literally unnoticeable on anything else I do and even on chrome it's on the bottom right corner, not exactly somewhere that my eyes will be fixated when browsing. So I'm just trying to decide if it's worth returning and gamble receiving a monitor with a more noticeable problem like bad BLB or something or an actual dead pixel slap bang in the middle of my screen.. That's my kinda luck lol

Soldato
No chance, not worth the effort of repacking and sending... and risk of getting worse. That 'defect' is literally less significant the the dust that'll land on it over night.

Associate
If it bothers you to post about it, get it replaced. You'll only just keep noticing it.
This. You won't get used to it. More likely you'll only see it.
Replaced a Dell monitor last week. After a year, noticed one bright red led and one dead pixel. The dead pixel wouldn't warrant for a replacement, a bright one, did.
Replacement sent, better than the one I had and thought it was great.

Associate

Totally agree, it might be below the allowable threshold for dead pixels on monitors, and you might have to massively zoom in to see it but if it bothers you now you will regret later not trying to replace it. Overclockers were great and fair when I got a monitor I was unhappy with because the backlight bleed was orange and ruining my experience with it, talk to them about.

Associate
OP
It honestly doesn’t bother me much at all since it is so minute, it’s only that I just noticed it 10 minutes before I made this post so I just wanted to see what other people would have done.

My previous monitor had an actual dead pixel just south-west from the centre and I was fine with that lol

My return window last a few more weeks so if it does become an issue for me I’ll replace it.

Caporegime
I would want to replace it.

Looks like at least another one is present near the top middle as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom