• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Would you sell a GPU on ebay now?

Associate
Has it become the scammers paradise? Not talking about selling a 3xxx series card but even older cards. As ebay in most cases sides with the buyer I think there will be a massive increase in buyers claiming that the card was damaged etc.

Associate
To be honest I wouldn't take the risk, buyer just has to claim a fault and ebay will always side with them. To be honest I'd rather sell it to a friend at knockdown or give it to a mate who needs it, or wait until you can take it into a high street second hand place.

Associate
To be honest I wouldn't take the risk, buyer just has to claim a fault and ebay will always side with them. To be honest I'd rather sell it to a friend at knockdown or give it to a mate who needs it, or wait until you can take it into a high street second hand place.
exactly, the buyer can pick up your card throw it out of the window and claim it was broken in transit get a full refund and you are stuck with a smashed 600£ card. No appeal, no comeback.

Soldato
Don't sell anything of value on ebay. Only way to get them moving is filing a police report through action fraud and you'll still only end up dealing with some cust service rep that will contradict even themselves to get rid of you and side with the buyer. Even if you have all the evidence and photos. They'll tell you that you should accept a certain % of loss like any other business.

Many buyer only accounts - never sell to anyone who has only purchased as they wont care about their feedback. Watch for shared accounts too, many shared accounts which you arent allowed to do and still they side with them. It's setup for businesses as an outlet. They dont need, want private sellers who get rid of their stuff from time to time.

Soldato
just take cash or ask for bank transfer. simple.

yep cash on collection or bank transfer.
mate of mine made a noob mistake of selling a phone on ebay he accepted paypal payment and buyer to collect. buyer turned up done paypal payment though ebay and took the phone. buyer than canceled with ebay saying they didnt want the phone for some reason but because it was manually collected paypal gave money back and buyer kept the phone.
cash only or bank transfer.

Soldato
Another vote for FB marketplace here, recently sold my GPU.
Priced at average of recent auction complete, less fees. Buyer within an hour, collected next day... demo'd through the window for Covid Safe :D
Lots more people asking if it was available.

Would have listed on here, however the MM has a pretty low audience price cap.

No chance I would use auctions for anything of significant value.
From the auction 'buyer forums' seems that you can get your seller account sanctioned for not accepting Paypal or refunding someone who used it when you want cash on collection.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.....

Back
Top Bottom